SR - Ffynnon Gath Fighter Practice

Gail Taylor gtaylor at lonestar.jpl.utsa.edu
Thu Jun 11 11:58:38 PDT 1998

>I understand your concern, Lionardo, but I'm sure the Bjornsborg practice can
get along without a couple of fighters who might want to >vary their routine by
fighting with someone they don't see every week.  I know several fighters from
Tempio and Raven's Fort will be >foregoing their local practice on June 21st in
favor of Regional Practice at Shadowlands....

I know that most of the Bjornsborg Rapier folk will be at Shadowlands.  Three of
our 7 rapier fighters won the A&S and Bardic there last year and another started
in the SCA in Shadowlands;  three more are traveling companions of these first
folks.  As for some of us missing the local practice on Sundays...won't happen
soon, with experienced fencers few and far between and a huge newcomer's "Intro
to the SCA Meeting" coming up on the 23rd of this month- gotta recruit and
train!  ;)

Hmmmm...Hey!  I have an idea!  You can get some of BG's multitude of rapier
fighters to accompany you to San Marcos!

As for picking on Bjornsborg...you'd be silly to do it.   I'll bet that a lot
more of us have made it to Bryn Gwlad's practice in the last year than the other
way around...hehe.

BTW....I'm going to be in Austin from Sunday night through Friday next week
(software class at National Instruments)-  See you on Tuesday night at the BG
practice.  Are any of the rapier folk showing up on Thursdays?

Isobel