SR - newsletters and regional funds

Timothy A. McDaniel tmcd at crl.com
Mon Jun 15 08:51:06 PDT 1998

About a regional newsletter:

"$1 per member" would likely be a rough guideline ("serving suggestion
only"), so details of "what's a member?" may not be important.  --
Those doing such a project should also remember that there are
individuals out there "with more money than sense" who might be hit up
for dinero more easily than a barony, say.

Pug <pug at pug.net> wrote:
> I think this is a little questionable regarding Kingdom Law though.
> There have been stinks raised in the past with regards
> to requiring donations for the Kingdom/Society.

Corpora, actually.  VI.A.1.g.(4): "No law may require members or
branches to make donations to the treasury of the realm. Laws which
discuss voluntary donations are acceptable, as are those which mandate
reasonable fees for events and services or discuss financial
arrangements for the realm's main events sponsored by local branches."

("Required donation" is a bit of an oxymoron anyway, eh wot?)

However, if it's a suggestion, there is no problem.

I agree with Pug's concern about what it would contain.  FAQ?
Summaries of net discussion?  Suggestions for how to think of a name /
armory?  Meeting reports?

Daniel de Lincolia
--
Tim McDaniel.   Reply to tmcd at crl.com;