SR - newsletters, funds, & names

Dennis and Dory Grace amazing at mail.utexas.edu
Tue Jun 16 23:32:06 PDT 1998

Ivar wrote:

>Unfortunately, I don't think this will work. I really like the idea but
>bused on prior history around here, it will run into a lot of flack and
>burn itself up. I think if you just ask someone with each group to
>explain the problem and the need and pass the hat, you will get enough
>money to do the newsletter thing and it will not be money tied up in an
>account somewhere.
<<snip>>
>The proceeds from regional events should go to an earmarked part of the
>Kingdom account.

I talked with Kief this evening before fighter practice with a couple more
ideas I had and he tossed in some good input, then I talked with Pug some
at fighter practice and had a message from Kief on my machine when I got
home that further outlined some stuff. I think we got it whupped. Now I
just need to get in touch with Baroness Crystal since she is regional
chronicler and make sure she's down with the concept.

>>Also, principality or no, I'd like for us to settle on a name by the
>>end of>the year.
>
>Darned right Lady! I am sure that it is possible and it will help a lot
>in getting the identity so many people are yammering about.

Wooohooooo!!! Just talked to Daniel tonight. The other day when he posted
that Campoleone was already a mundane name somewhere, I thought he was
saying that it wasn't available for use as a regional/principality name,
but he wasn't! He was just pointing out that it was a proper name
construction. So Campoleone is still available!! Woohoo! That is too cool.
I personally cast my vote for Campoleone.

When we get the newsletter together (barring any unforseen difficulties), I
think we should include a ballot for name choice, which would mean the FAQ
will need to go out first so that folk without internet/email access can
see which names have been suggested and look viable and send in suggestions
of their own before the newsletter goes out with the ballot.

I'll talk more later about how I think we can get the regional newsletter
up and running. But now I have to go to bed and get my beauty sleep so's I
can go to the dojo tomorrow and dazzle people with my morning beauty so I
don't have to hit them as hard to make them go down. heeheeheehee

>I think you are approaching Goddess, not real close but getting there.

Oh, you are one insolent mortal you are, my fine feathered friend. ;->

>Love ya, Ivar

back at ya
Aquilanne
(now, would I fudge on my divinity, sugar?)