SR - principality reasoning (long!)

Pam Martin martinpj at leander.isd.tenet.edu
Tue Jun 23 10:11:35 PDT 1998

Donal said,
Two of my
regional officers are doubling from branch officers, several of my
staff positions are open and likely to remain that way, and another
regional officer went and got himself made Crown Prince - and I have
received _two_ applications for that office. I had to practically
draft someone - twice - to fill this region's herald's office. We
don't really have a regional treasurer yet due to administrative
hoo-hah, and Donald was filling in for one of his regional offices for
6 months.

***  Sounds to me like your stagnating.   People volunteer when it sounds like fun.   Have you ever thought about having your heralds come out at work on stuff at fighter practice so that new folks can see what your doing?  Have y'all ever thought of any "showy", "nifty" way of presenting what you do that will entice folks?  I know that I was recently asking y'all to come out and do some teaching at fighter practice - can you guys pick up that ball and run with it again?

 Enthusiasm is what draws folks in - then they're more likely to volunteer for your offices.  Look at what Sibilla, Ari, and Aquilanne have done for scribes in Bryn Gwlad as an example of how enthusiasm and exposure will draw a crowd!  Principalilty or not - it seems to me that you might want to try some of these ideas to draw in some fresh blood.  I've heard a lot of groaning from my 'hearald' friends lately and I think you could use the help.  The best way to get help fast is exposure. I'd be more than happy to help brainstorm some other ideas with you at fighter practice.

Jehanne