SR - A Question Concerni

maddie teller-kook meadhbh at io.com
Tue Jun 23 10:18:02 PDT 1998

> Someone asked:

> > 2) I don't want to be part of a principality of people who want to
> > break up
> > this great kingdom just so that they can have "spiffy-er titles".

To which Pendaran responded:

>         [Martin, Brian]
>         Sorry, but this reason is pure speculation. To the best of my
> knowledge, we're not talking about breaking up the kingdom and I don't
> know of anyone who is in favor of it so they can have "spiffy-er
> titles". I think that we should give each other more credit than that.

As for the 'breaking up the kingdom'. That atitude was self evident at the last
principality meeting. When the question was asked.. how many were for creating a
principality that would stay a principality... 30 hands went up. When it was
asked how many wanted to work towards a prinicipality that would move toward
kingdom status... 33 hands went up.
That tells me there is an interest in going 'kingdom'.  I will NOT support a
principality in any way that will move in that direction.  And yes, I know about
the Mists and Cynagua. They are an exception NOT the rule of principalities.  As
for the Principality of the Sun, it was dissolved once Artemesia became a
kingdom (since what was the Sun is now the Kingdom of Atenveldt).

On to your question as to 'why' I don't want a principality. I guess I just
don't see a need for it.  IF we had a difficult time getting royalty OR their
representative to visit us ... yes, I could see a need for additional royal
presence. But, IMHO, that is not the case with this region.  IF we had a
stronger regional identity than we do (at this time), I could see it. HL Donal
used the North as an excellent example for that.  For FUN?  I guess I just don't
see it.  Why can't we work on making the events we have better?? I find it sad
that we have to use a principality as an excuse for 'better events', more
pomp...etc. Why can't we just improve the events and courts we have??? I don't
think we need an additional prince and princess to do it.
Also, anytime you set a border on a map... you create an invisible boundary.
How many
people here that live in Stargate/Bordermarche have traveled to Meridies for
events other than Gulf War?  I'm sure there are some. But, most people will stay
within kingdom.

And yes, last.... I wish to stay Ansteorran.I like being Ansteorran. No one can
guarentee that once the principality is set that it won't go kingdom....and yes,
i know there are 2 that never have.... and then how many HAVE moved on????  Many
more than just 2!

Meadhbh