SR - A Question Concerni

Randy Wrinkle WRINKLE at majik-net.com
Tue Jun 23 18:47:35 PDT 1998

I would like to respond in a general "sort of way" to several things I have seen
on this list:

(1)  I am also a paid member in this region and this is the first I have heard
of this issue and it greatly upsets me.  I also know about 12 other paid members
in this region who have not heard of this issue either.  I believe that the
people who are for this issue have the burden of making sure everyone shall get
a vote and I am wondering how this is going to happen.  We do not play with a
local group because we are an hour from any group.

(2)  I was reading Crystal Berringer's responses earlier...and read also
Aquilanne's responses also.  You are asking for equal consideration, but it does
not sound to me like you are giving Crystal equal consideration.  You are
complaining because she is complaining.  You tell her she has the right to voice
her opinion, but then make small jibes about how she is imposing her emotional
opinions on everyone and how unfair it is.  Also the remarks about clapping and
drumming were, to me, unfair.  Yet, you complained several times that Crystal
was ungenerous.

(3)  I have to agree with the people who complained about those polls.  I do not
think they are accurate.  The only way to be sure, would be to make sure every
person who is in the region has been given a ballot and voted.  Calling official
and unofficial meetings is not going to cut the mustard.  Again, the people who
want the change should be the one with the burden of proof.  I haven't been
reached yet for my vote.  I am sure there are many, many, many others.

(4)  I am not in agreement with the principality issue.  I respect those who are
in favor for it.  But as someone commented earlier....there is already a
division in unity among us with this issue.  When you build a wall....it becomes
a division between people.  I have a feeling that if "new lines are drawn", a
wall will built on top of it.  Having a principality is not going to make me
excited and participate any more than I do now.  It certainly will not influence
me to play within the principality, and it will certainly not generate any
monetary support from my family either.

I hear you all asking for credence and credit for the idea....but if we are
against it, we are against ....and I do not see some of you giving credit to
those things the "cons" are stating.  I see you complaining that they are
emotional.  Several people have basically stated that this is going to happen
eventually anyway, so do not expect it to go away.  I think that is a poor
attitude to have.  I got the impression that we should basically just shut up
because whether we like it or not, it is going to happen.

I think one state should sum it up....there is already a division among the
Southern Region over this issue...so how can we work together to form a
principality?

Meghann MacGuire