SR - A Question Concern

PKieferjr at aol.com PKieferjr at aol.com
Tue Jun 23 19:39:23 PDT 1998

<< I can certainly understand feeling blindsided by the whole thing, but it
 really hasn't gotten very much past "let's all talk about it."  There
 are folks who feel passionately about the issue on both sides; as Daniel
 said, the point is to come to a consensus, with both sides displaying
 courtesy and respect while being forthright about their views.

 If that's not possible, the Dream's in danger anyway.

Ya know, a thought just occurred to me.....

In the interest of building a consensus, I believe there are supposed to be
concessions on either or both sides.

And yet, here we are, stating our reasoning at a loud yell (figuratively),
butting heads like rams, niether side conceding any ground and acting as if
the other was an enemy to be stomped into the ground (admittedly, I may be
guilty of this) until they were dead.

Where are the gives and takes?  Where are the concessions?  Where's the
compromise?

Where's the consensus?

This does not promote the idea of being able to form a principality.

So, in the interest of promoting peace and harmony, I will concede the
following.

Granted:

The amount of paperwork has the possibility of growing.  Note, I only said
"POSSIBILITY".  You cannot guarantee that it will anymore than I can guarantee
that it won't, but I will concede it's possibility.

Granted:

The possibility of the evolution of principality into kingdom exists....but
only as a POSSIBILITY (there's that word again).  As evidenced by the West,
there are other possibilities.

Granted:

That there are other avenues that can facilitate awards other than
Royalty.....but they are also subject to the laws of physics, just as Royalty
is.  Therefore, there exists the possibility that a Principality can also
facilitate these awards.

Granted:

That not everyone gets out and travels as much as some folks.....but someone
does.    Within the region, I've been to events hosted by Ffynnon Gath,
Bjornsborg, Ravensfort, and Middleford.  Rarely have I gone out to Mendersham,
Steppes, and Emerald Keep.  I'm planning to attend Queen's Champion in
Oklahoma.  It'll be my first foray deep into the Northern Region.....but it
proves that my main travel is within the region.

So, those are my concessions, and my arguments pro.

Now, who on the other side is willing to concede?

BTW, my biggest pet peeve.....is when everybody thinks that their thinking is
the only correct thinking.....I'm seeing evidence that we're headed that
way....not everybody....just a few.

Lord Johann Kiefer Hayden (Paul E. Kiefer, Jr.)