SR - A Question About Time

Norman White gn-white at tamu.edu
Wed Jun 24 05:46:27 PDT 1998

Jin Liu Ch'ang here

As I have stated earlier, I have no opinion on the subject of the Proposed Principality (PP) and I have heard many arguments in which the writers assume either that the principality will remain part of Ansteorra or it will become its own kingdom very quickly.  Some of those remember the quickness of the region to principality to kingdom of Ansteorra.  I did not live in the kingdom at that time.

Now I have a question for someone (probably a herald or historian type).  First some background so the answering person will understand why I am asking the question.  Ansteorra took about 1.5 to 2 years to become a kingdom.  This was many years ago.  Older principalities in the West are still principalities.
Could someone give statistics including the year of elevation to kingdom and the amount of time from principality to kingdom for the other kingdoms?

I feel that the statistics will probably show that the old days are gone and it now takes many years to make the transition.  This may help to quell the fears of many people in the region who feel that if we went principality that we would soon no longer be Ansteorran.  Many of us may be too old to care by the time it happens.

Norman White
a.k.a. Jin Liu Ch'ang
gn-white at tamu.edu