SR - A Question Concern -Reply

Casey&Coni cjw at vvm.com
Wed Jun 24 08:35:40 PDT 1998

>>>Actually, not a one of Tempios proxies opinions were heard at the
>Tempio discussion; with the exception of myself and two others, our
>entire shire was busy with feast, gate, the list or the Crown at that event
>and so never got the chance to state their views.

Talen said...
.  The meeting was held where feast was held.  I saw at least
>45 people there from YOUR Shire. Not many were called upon to speak
>their views.  Then You gave three views of how the bounders were to
>be drawn, which one did we vote on.

Talon, I must insist that I am *not* misleading you (read: 'lying') when I
tell you that almost _none_ of Tempio attended that first meeting.  If you
still doubt me after my reassurances, I beg you please check with Don Tivars
(Aethylians) notes with head counts.   As a matter of fact it was used as a
point of contention on this very list... "what does it say that the shire
who holds an event doesn't even attend a principality meeting well??"  Our
rebut was, obviously, that we were as busy as a southern euphemism.  I'm
pretty sure we took one and that we had three people in the meeting.  Yes,
you certainly may have seen 45 of us at the event... we are an extremely
populous shire- but that day we were also a very *busy* shire.  Two on gate,
ten or so in the kitchen, four on the listfield, two at childrens activities
(not including our bozillion kids... our shire is lousy with the lil
buggers), two with the heralds, two with the king, three at the store,
Jovian running home to get prizes, four had to check in for duty, one sick
in his tent (remember court?) and that's just my quick count.

To my:
>>>As for the meetings not accomplishing anything, I think perhaps you
>may be wrong... we learned a *great* deal at the Tempio meeting and
>came up with some really neat ideas at the FG meeting too.

You rebut:
>Have any of the ideas been published.  NO!

This is not a valid counter to the arguement stated.  You said that nothing
can be accomplished.  I stated that several things that were accomplished
regardless of their publishing or not (starting a newsletter, regional
support of events, webpage, name and device page, straw polls, etc etc).

But as long as we're talking about publishing, I'm  positive that Mistress
Aquillane can let you know when the first Regional/Proto-P word Newsletter
will be coming out.  And I'll bet you that in it will be a concise list of
these very things.  She's also accepting donations to offset her costs
(shameless plug).

>Because my proxy would be throwen away, by someone as soon my
>name was read.  It has happened before.  There is no way that everyone
>that could not or would not go to the meetings send proxies.
>Thats what I mean when I say proxies donot count in things.
>It's all a numbers games for the people that are pushing for the
>princeapality issue.  Trying to sell the idea.

Talon, if you have lucid points in your proxy, you WILL be heard.  We have
been diligent to the point of fanatacism about letting people get in their 2
cents.  Yes, it's much better if you can go... very few can express in the
written word as well as they can in person.  Yes, proxies affect the polling
but here's the rub:  if folks don't believe in it, they won't send a proxy
no matter how much anybody wants them to.  It takes a concious effort to sit
down and write out how you feel, decide who can best convey your words, and
sign the thing after you're done.  We had quite a few people go to the
Ffynon Gath meeting from our shire... nine, I believe... and we brought
eleven proxies from the people who had the gumption and the time availiable
to do the work needed to send one along.  And those eleven people got
respect at that meeting- ask anybody who was there.  And you will too if
you're the person who sends a proxy next time.  It may not be quite as good
as being there, but your words will count.

Dieterich