SR - regional newsletter ... some thoughts and suggestions

j'lynn yeates jyeates at bga.com
Wed Jun 24 09:26:20 PDT 1998

On 24 Jun 98, at 10:38, Dennis and Dory Grace wrote:

> ...                                                  Since I'm trying to get this out in as
> cost-effective a way as possible, and since my hope is to get a copy to
> everyone who has any interest at all whether they're paid members at this
> time or not, my idea is that copies of the first issue will be bundled and
> sent out to each SR group's seneschal or chronicler and they in turn can
> distribute them amongst their populace in whatever manner they see fit.
> Anyone interested in subscribing to the newsletter can receive subsequent
> copies directly through the mail. I'll look into what I can do for an
> online copy as well.

strongly suggest a online copy in addition to the "dead-tree" version (g) as a good way
to keep the costs down ... as long as it is primarily text based, *anyone* who has
access to these lists can access it.  from my perspective, electronic format is a lot
more immediate and useful in my world ... and a *lot* easier to pass around to my
associates (about a dozen old-guard types who do not subscribe to the lists or
periodicals / newsletters anylonger, but who might be intetested in matters).

one tactic i've used in doing newsletters in the past is exactly what you suggest ...
bundle them to a central distribution point and let that point / person pass them out ...
but then give the recipients the option of directly subscribing for direct delivery.

additional suggestion. set up a donation collection point and publicise it in the
newsletter ... and print a list of the donations with appropriate "thank you's" ... tends to
encourage others to contribute.  or, how about having the newsletter "host" a bardic or
drum circle at the camping events - with a appropriate donation / suggestion /
comment jar ??? ... and encourage those central points above to make them available
at the local weekly / monthly fighter practices / guild meetings, etc ... the places that
the populace tends to gather

cover all these bases and i can't see how anyone involved can have any reason for
claiming they are being "left out" of the discussions ... unless they choose to exclude
themselves from them.

'wolf

... - Boingo, Pedestrian Wolves