SR - peerage question ...

j'lynn yeates jyeates at bga.com
Thu Jun 25 09:01:00 PDT 1998

On 25 Jun 98, at 8:28, Galen W. Bevel wrote:

> We can check with some of those who have lived in principalities
> elsewhere, but I have never heard of one that has a separate circle.
> Knights swear their fealty to the Crown, not the Coronet, so candidates in
> a principality are voted on by the knights of the Kingdom, not just the
> principality.  Otherwise, you are absolutely correct, knighthood is
> granted by the King, not the Prince.

in a principality situation, then does the peerage process start at the regional
principality level and then evolve to kingdom level after gaining support?  i would gather
that this is a matter of custom and culture ???  what is the current process ... (i know
that it tends to change over time)

'wolf

... - Boingo, Pedestrian Wolves