SR - Fish & Ponds

Zimmermann, Leonard zimmerml at kci1.com
Thu Jun 25 09:15:02 PDT 1998

	----------
	[Pendaran (mka Brian Martin) wrote:

	>	Crystal Said:
	>> If you are referring to what I think you are referring to in
my
	>> letter, then I
	>> meant something completely different by "little fish".
	>>
	>	[Martin, Brian]
	>
	>	I don't think that Lionardo was referring to your post,
Crystal,
	> but there have been rumors being circulated lately that there
are people
	> who want the principality so that they can become bigger fish
in a
	> smaller pond. These rumors are now reaching this list and I
think that's
*	what Lionardo was referring to.

Exactly. I noticed I accidentally sent that message to the list AND to
Crystal. It was not meant at anyone in particular, I just happened to be
reading Crystals post when I hit the Reply to All button, changed the
subject and then promptly forgot to remove her address from my To: line.
This is something I have heard from many different people, on and off
the Internet and was wondering if someone would be willing to clarify
this seeming disparity for me. Are the two arguments (Gotta come from
below/Big fish-little pond) simply emotional arguments that have no
bearing except to shoot down, by a form of character assassination,
anyone who is for the idea? I don't know.

I'm trying to find a way to not look "bad" for my interest in a
Principality and my belief that it could be a "good thing" for this
region and Ansteorra. It's a bit hard, though, when the burden of proof
is placed on those who want the change and, at the same time, the burden
of stigmata and of "shifty motivation" is placed on those people as
well. Best I can do is say, if anyone questions my motivations ASK ME!
Of course you could always not believe me and think I have some kind of
agenda, anyway. Of course I could always reply that I'm a little fish no
matter what size the pond is, so the argument really doesn't hold much
water for me. So how do I fit in to any of the above?

Confusedly,
Lionardo