SR - Knighting & Awards

Martin, Brian bmartin at origin.ea.com
Thu Jun 25 14:46:29 PDT 1998

	Meghann posted the following:

> Okay...thank you all for answering part of my question.
>
> I understand that all the knights (even outside the Principality)
> would
> still have the say about knighting.
>
> But I understood earlier that the idea would be to play within the
> Principality....if you only play within the Principality, how will the
> other Knights still see you regularly enough to say, "Yes, I am very
> familiar with this fighter...I agree to knight him"?
	[Martin, Brian]

	Well I don't think that the idea of having a principality is to
only play within its borders. I know that I would continue to travel to
different areas of the kingdom, and would assume that others would as
well. I would expect anyone wishing to attain knighthood, or either of
the other peerages to travel and be known throughout the entire kingdom
just as I expect them to do now.

	As for where people play, I admit that if I lived in a
principality and I had to choose between going to an event within the
principality vs. one outside of the principality, I would probably
remain within. However, I pretty much do that already with southern
regional events.

> I hope I am getting this across like I am thinking it in my head so
> that
> you do not all think I am an idiot.  (Sorry, I teach 1st graders..I
> tend
> to think simply)
	[Martin, Brian]
	Hey don't worry, you're right on my level! :)

> Could maybe a Knight answer?  (Someone with extensive knowledge about
> what goes on in a belted circle)
>
> Meghann MacGuire

	[Martin, Brian]
	I hope that this helped. Of course, as for what goes on in the
belted circles, most folks know that all we do is drink beer and tell
rude stories. :)

	Pendaran