SR - Insewerance (was Re: A Question Concern)

Timothy A. McDaniel tmcd at crl.com
Fri Jun 26 08:34:18 PDT 1998

Donal wrote:
> The main service, to my mind, provided by the corporation
> (aside from a certain unity of framework) is that of insurance.

The last figures I saw for the cost of SCA-wide insurance was
approximately $1-$2 per year.

Also, the insurance coveres non-SCA site owners and the corporation.
If I understand it correctly, it does not cover J. Random SCAer,
and I don't know (but don't believe) it covers autocrats and other
SCA officers.  I'd like *authoritative* info if anyone has it --
that is, someone close to the Corp. or who has seen the policy, not
people speculating "but it's nonsense to have insurance that
doesn't protect us!!1!!1".

Mind you, the insurance we have is necessary.  Site owners
generally won't rent (as I understand it) unless you have
proof of hefty insurance to cover them.  (I recall
Steppes 12th Night a few years back -- the Fair Park
"Frosty the 12th Night", I think -- where they had to buy
extra coverage.)

But in any event, insurance is a minor part of the membership fee.

Daniel de Lincolia
--
Tim McDaniel.   Reply to tmcd at crl.com;
    if that fail, tmcd at austin.ibm.com is my work account.