SR - Motivation- long

Timothy A. McDaniel tmcd at crl.com
Fri Jun 26 09:42:56 PDT 1998

Dieterich, a professional ball player is rather different
from an SCA participant (Earl wossiname excepted) -- the NBA
is not the SCA.  I don't know about your dream, but my dream
has people working because the work is necessary and the award
is just a nice side-effect -- if the award wasn't there they'd still
do the work.  I've had "award fever" from time to time,
really wanting an award and sometimes thinking about doing
things just to increase my chances.  I consider this a character
flaw; I've tried working on it with some but not total success.

Daniel "the problem I have with 'The Dream' isn't 'Dream',
it's 'The'" de Lincolia
--
Tim McDaniel.   Reply to tmcd at crl.com;
    if that fail, tmcd at austin.ibm.com is my work account.