SR - Insurance--beware

Jodi McMaster jmcmaste at accd.edu
Fri Jun 26 20:22:10 PDT 1998

'wolf wrote:

> > On 26 Jun 98, at 20:14, Jodi McMaster wrote:
> >
> > > ...                                                                           is negligent and
> > > injures someone at an event, his/her homeowner's or renter's insurance
> > > would cover him/her.
> >
> > not necessaily true in all cases, depends on the policy ... mine
> > (homeowners) covers personal property on and off premise, and injury
> > liability on home premise only ...

Thought of something else after the last message; I apologize because it
is getting a bit off topic and I'll try to drop it after this,
but...Although 'wolf's policy may be an exception to the general rule,
there's also a common misconception that the liabilty policy only
applies to on premises accidents because of the wording of one of the
exceptions.  *If* the accident arises out of the premises (like a big
hole in the ground, electrical wiring problems, etc.), the only premises
covered is the house/apartment/whatnot that is named in the policy.  But
it covers you for general non-auto negligence like your auto policy
covers you when you're driving other folks' cars.

AElfwyn