SR - Principality Discussion (Long)

Catamountain catsden at texas.net
Tue Jun 2 21:46:26 PDT 1998

Zimmermann, Leonard wrote:
> After the last meeting in Tempio there was a great deal
> of "concern" that this entire Principality thing was only being
> discussed on the Net. That those "few" of us on the Net were somehow the
> only ones allowed to shape this thing. So in order to appease those
> people, we stopped talking.

I have heard/read this bandied about by a couple of folks who were
formerly very active on this list concerning the Principality issue.
Let me, at the risk of using up too much space, quote the only post I
saw about it:

On 4/15/98, 1:05 AM, Kingdom Seneschal wrote:
> I have watched and listened to all of this discussion with great interest.
> I am almost finished with the Principality packet.  I hope to get it looked
> at this weekend at the BOD meeting by Mistress Eilis.  Assuming everything
> goes according to plan it will be ready to send out next week.
>
> However, I am concerned that this process is a little to net centric.  Lets
> remember that there are a lot of people that do not have net access.  You,
> who are looking to form this principality are fast approaching a point
> where you will need to have formal meetings, that are announced in writing
> to the populace of the proposed area.  This could either be by mailings to
> all of the seneschal's or in various newsletters like the black star.  If
> you are going to be successful you need to make sure that no one feels that
> they were left out of the discussions because they were not informed about
> them.  Good Luck.

So where does he ask folks to stop discussing Principality on the Net?
Nowhere. I spoke with Sir Burke shortly after this post was made, and
got a clarification - he regarded Net-only discussion approximately as
binding as the same discussion held around a campfire at an event. In
further posts on this thread, from Mistress Meadhbh, Sir Lyonel, Pug,
and Sir Pendaran, no one stated that Net discussion should cease -
only that RT information dissemination should be given higher
priority. (Sir Lyonel mistook Meadhbh's opposition to a meeting after
Kingdom Dance to refer to Net discussion. This was corrected in a
later post.) If anyone has any posts that I missed, feel free to send
them - but I really think that the Principality discussion on this
forum died of natural causes.

Donal