SR - Heraldic Ideas

Timothy A. McDaniel tmcd at crl.com
Wed Jun 3 16:16:58 PDT 1998

Pendaran wrote:
> I don't speak heraldic, I'll simply use plain ol' English

That's fine.  As long as you're unambiguous (which is the
intent of the language of blazon) use plain English.

> two white lions rampant, facing each other

(He pluralized the noun, not "two white lion rampants".
I'm in l{o:}we.)  Two beasties facing each other is done
much more in the SCA than in real heraldry.  I suggest one,
three, or six, if it's all the same to you -- and all facing
the same direction (dexter, the viewer's left).

Because of the ruling that small held objects do not count
for difference, I don't know offhand whether a held laurel wreath
would count vor the "required laurel wreath" requirement.

Mind you, it's probably registerable.  I just prefer something
closer to the period heraldic mainstream.

Daniel de Lincolia
--
Tim McDaniel.   Reply to tmcd at crl.com;
    if that fail, tmcd at austin.ibm.com is my work account.