SR - Reqs, Duties, & Powers (long)

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Thu Jun 4 10:53:49 PDT 1998

Elisabeth Zakes said something that sounded like:
> > 4. Powers of The Committee
> > 	b. Committee members shall have no vote on any issues brought up at
> > Principality meetings such as Naming, Heraldry, Mottoes, Borders etc.
> 	You mean that when a vote is taken on names (for instance), the
> general populace gets a vote, but committee members, even if they are of
> the general populace, do not get a vote? Why?

Personally *I* would prefer that.

Why?

Because those whom people percieve to be in charge persuade others with
their actions. Setting up a committee will make those members appear
to be in charge of how the Principality will be formed. I feel that it's
important for them to appear to be unbiased and only trying to get the
technicalities out of the way. This is why it is important that people
like Tivar, who couldn't care (at least publically) either way, be
moderators.

Every member will get a vote when it comes down to the final ballots, but
in the meantime let the populace vote without this unnecessary persuasion.

Ciao,

--
Phelim "Pug" Gervase  |  "I know that I will never be politically correct
Barony of Bryn Gwlad  |   I don't give a damn about my lack of etiquette