SR - Colors etc...

PKieferjr at aol.com PKieferjr at aol.com
Thu Jun 4 14:12:51 PDT 1998

<< Lord Johann Kiefer Hayden wrote:
 > Gules ... surrounded by a laurel wreath proper

 "Within" is the usual herald-speak, but it's perfectly clear
 what you meant, as as I wrote a bit ago, I have no objections
 to normal English.

 1) This would be green-on-red, or a violation of the "Rule of
 Tincture".  (It'd also be Christmasish.)

 2) A widget within a circular thing is popular in modern times
 but is at best quite rare in period.  It's registerable, mind
 you, but I prefer to advocate putting the laurel wreath somewhere
 else than wrapped around something.

 Daniel de Lincolia
 --  >>

Thanks for the assist.  Guess I need to study my notes a bit more.

Lord Johann Kiefer Hayden (Paul E. Kiefer, Jr.)