SR - committee concept clarification

Rollie W. Reid carcassonnais at geocities.com
Thu Jun 4 21:58:48 PDT 1998

Aquillanne said,

What other specific needs do others see as needing to be addressed at
this
time?

I have a kind of unusual suggestion, and I am going to stick my neck
out, and I will probably get it chopped off, but here goes.

I think we need someone to have another forum for discussion, one that
will get to all those people who do not have e-mail.  We need someone
(here is where my neck goes out)to plow through the posts to the list
and prepare a synopsis, or excerpts of the discussion.  This could
then be edited and copied and sent to people.  Posted to the list, so
that people all over the region could print it, copy it and hand it
out to people throughout the region.  People who are not on the list
could send in material for inclusion in this newsletter, thereby
getting a voice in the discussion.

Yes, it is a newsletter, but not in the same style as an SCA
newsletter.  If anyone remembers ThinkWell, then they will understand
what I am thinking of.  If not, I may try to create an inaugural issue
so that everyone can understand the idea.

The FAQ, as discussed seems to be a more permanent publication.
Something that is created, and distributed, occasionally updated, but
not something which reflects the week to week discussion that goes on
in this forum.

I do not know if I am up to the job, but I would like to try.  I hope
to have the first copy ready soon.

Let me know what you think.

Conor

carcassonnais at geocities.com (Put "south" in the subject line)