SR - Herveus's Principality Don'ts

Rollie W. Reid carcassonnais at geocities.com
Thu Jun 4 22:20:03 PDT 1998

Thank you Daniel, and thank you Herveus.

> Anywho, with all this energy being spent on building the
> administrative structures, there have been no social events
> to attempt to draw together the region and discern the
> nature of the regional identity.  It is reasonably clear
> that someone (singular or plural) is in a big hurry to force
> this to happen ...
>
> My advice is to focus on the social side of group building.
> Don't be in a hurry.  Work real hard at keeping the process
> open in fact and perception.  Work real hard at not giving
> the rest of the kingdom the impression that their feelings
> just don't matter (which, in technical point of fact, they
> don't, but it is not good politics).
>
> I hope this is helpful...
>
> yours,
> Herveus

I think this point is most excellent one to remember.  Most of the
discussion has been about administrative structures, though nothing
like that described in Atlantia.  I think we need to start planning
those regional events, whether official events like a Southern
Regional Warlord, etc, or unofficial gatherings, like Bryn Gwlad's
recent tiny tourney.  I think either could work very well at helping
us create a regional identity.

Conor

lucetis sicut luminaria in mundo