SR - newsletters and regional funds

Michael A. Scofield ivarcat at juno.com
Tue Jun 16 17:38:46 PDT 1998

Aquilanne Wrote:
<SNIP> Once we have an account, I was thinking that each group could make
a donation to the account based on the number of local populace members
of, say, $1 per active member. That should give us between $200 and $300
for the first issue, which would go out to each paid member in the
region. Then folks could have the option of subscribing (for something
like $12 a year if  we do a monthly newsletter, or like $5 a year if we
do a quarterly newsletter) to keep up with regional doings.

Unfortunately, I don't think this will work. I really like the idea but
bused on prior history around here, it will run into a lot of flack and
burn itself up. I think if you just ask someone with each group to
explain the problem and the need and pass the hat, you will get enough
money to do the newsletter thing and it will not be money tied up in an
account somewhere. The person who is putting it together can be
responsible for the moneys. If people do not trust the person, then they
have a problem with the whole honor thing we have in the SCA.

>As our regional events start coming together, donations from event
>profits>can be donated to the regional account and we can start growing
our >bank>account with an eye to having money to pay for stuff like
regalia
>projects>when/if we go principality.

The proceeds from regional events should go to an earmarked part of the
Kingdom account. That makes the Kingdom Treasurers job so much easier. I
remember when we established the fund for the Longship Company, Lots of
letters and stuff from the group here to Kingdom and to the BOD. I'm sure
the same thing will happen when we attempt to establish an account for
the Incipient Principality of ___________.

>Also, principality or no, I'd like for us to settle on a name by the
>end of>the year.

Darned right Lady! I am sure that it is possible and it will help a lot
in getting the identity so many people are yammering about.

>What do you guys think?

I think you are approaching Goddess, not real close but getting there.

Love ya, Ivar