SR - A Question Concern

Jodi McMaster jmcmaste at accd.edu
Tue Jun 23 13:02:39 PDT 1998

CAB wrote:
> 2) Why can't you "do the work and coordinate the events and contribute the
> time and the money to support projects aimed at better informing our populace
> and nurturing our regional identity" as a REGION?  Why do you have to have a
> principality to do this?
>
> Crystal

I understand that many have deeply felt responses to this issue, and I
can respect that and have no desire to appear pat in answering this
question, but the answer to this question is why my leaning is toward a
principality.  As I understand it, a region is just an administrative
region--with all the "unexcitement" that implies.  The main purpose (and
fun, in my book) of creating a principality instead is the same reasons
we name baronies, shires and have offices in each--those are people and
entities you can get excited about and rally behind.  Although we can
build a regional identity without the principality thing, it somehow, to
me at least, seems a whole lot easier to do so with the "glamour" of
coronets, banners, etc.

(Now I'm cringing, thinking, hmmm, maybe I missed something, maybe we
can do all that with a region.)

AElfwyn