SR - A Question Concern

Timothy A. McDaniel tmcd at crl.com
Tue Jun 23 16:01:01 PDT 1998

David S. David wrote:
> I see us already divided, what troubles me is what
> we'll have should either side win.

Then we should take care to see that nobody "wins" or "loses" --
that everyone can live with the result without heartache --
that both a majority view and a minority view have consideration
for each other, where the minority is inclined to yield towards
the majority (because it's a majority) yet the majority
is inclined to yield towards the minority on things the
minority feels strongly about (not wanting to cause heartache).
That's a rough definition of "consensus" and its process,
as a former Middle Kingdom seneschal explained it.

Daniel de Licnolia
--
Tim McDaniel.   Reply to tmcd at crl.com;
    if that fail, tmcd at austin.ibm.com is my work account.