SR - SR- A Question-Concern

Galen W. Bevel galenbv at ix.netcom.com
Thu Jun 25 06:28:34 PDT 1998

Michael J. Harkness wrote:

> Meghann MacGuire you wrote:
>
> >For example...how hard would it become for someone in the principality
> to get knighted?  What about award recognition?  My understanding was that
> you
> would basically play amongst yourselves<
>
> To become a Knight in a Principality, a person must be polled "voted on" by
> the Knights in that Principality.
> Same goes for any Kingdom. Then the King would grant or not grant the
> elevation to Knighthood.   The King does this.
> The Prince cannot grant Knighthood.
>
> Lord Talon of Blackoak
> A humble Archer, of  Ansteorra

We can check with some of those who have lived in principalities
elsewhere, but I have never heard of one that has a separate circle.
Knights swear their fealty to the Crown, not the Coronet, so candidates
in a principality are voted on by the knights of the Kingdom, not just
the principality.  Otherwise, you are absolutely correct, knighthood is
granted by the King, not the Prince.

Graf Galen K.
--
Galen W. or Rebecca Bevel