SR - Principality raison

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Thu Jun 25 08:34:39 PDT 1998

Dennis and Dory Grace said something that sounded like:
> I might point out that when everyone started talking about doing
> more *regional* events and when we started actually planning *regional*
> events, no one uttered a peep about how *that* would add to the Kingdom
> calandar. Kinda makes you go "hmmmmm?" don't it? ;-> Just something to
> think about.

It doesn't make me go "hmmmm". *I* think that doing regional events help
us build the identity and framework for being able to continue on to a
P'word in the future *if* we can work together.

On the other hand, I think that "lessening" the calendar by making a
P'word is a poor and inaccurate argument for doing it.

> >2) You could try to piggy-back the events, but I really just don't see this
> >happening.
> I don't either. I *can* see Principality events possibly *replacing* some
> of the smaller local events that don't get much play at present.

Some of those "smaller" local events can be some of the "smaller" groups
only event in a year. This would be a "Bad Thing", IMHO.

> Forming a Principality is something like forming a codified family (ok
> now--no fish puns ;->).

We must hurry. The fish is going down.

Ciao,