SR - Re: SR Insignia (was principality reasoning)

Jodi McMaster jmcmaste at accd.edu
Sat Jun 27 22:16:09 PDT 1998

Daniel wrote:

> I can think of some famous knightly orders.  Order of the Garter.
> Thistle.  Bath.  Star.  Golden Fleece.  Saint Patrick.  Elephant.
>
> A challenge to anyone who wants to think about award and order names:
> consider common words, preferably just one-word names.

Order of the Thorn came to mind, since there are so many in South Texas,
but it could be the Thorns in the side. But it did have the spiritual
connotations in period, so it might work. Scorpions and rattlers have
some negative connotations, too, as well as being intrusively modern
(well, maybe not the scorpion).

AElfwyn