SR - SR Events?????

Casey&Coni cjw at vvm.com
Tue Jun 30 19:02:33 PDT 1998

I know Tempio has a lot on it's plate what with Tourney d'Amore and all but
we might consider a heraldic symposium.  We don't have the benifit of having
our senechal on this list so I can't say for certain until after populous.
Give us a week or two and we'll get back with you.

Another consideration for holding all these events is, of course, finding a
good weekend where we wouldn't be in conflict with another SR event.  What
we might be able to do is combine that symposium with a regional fighter
practice.  We have a very comfortable indoor/outdoor site that may work for
a one day event like that.  Air conditioning, table space, ample seating for
a small regional shindig, and perhaps a little refrigerator space as well.
The outdoor area is covered, too.  It's a very fragile situation as far as
use goes, though... there are restrictions- alcohol, excessive noise levels
indoors (field heraldry classes will have to be done outdoors ;)), and
copious attention to messes.  I still think it might work for a small event,
though.

Lyonel, weren't you saying that Tempios next at-bat for a SRFP was in
August?  Perhaps we could look at that date.  I know Shadowlands just had
their go, Bjornsborg is right around the corner, and every Tuesday night is
essentially Bryn Gwylads.  Seems like we need to work Ffynnon Gath,
Middleford, and Ravensfort in the cycle pretty soon... think we can get
those groups to look at calling it something a little bigger than a SRFP?  I
think we can.

What do the rest of y'all think?  Heralds, what type of facility do you
need/want for a good symposium?  Equestrian and/or archery could be done at
Middlefords free site, I think, but I'm not sure the horse folks would be
willing to come out for only one afternoon of riding.  Anyone have any clue
how many riders there are out there (with horses) in our region?  I can't
think of any.  Now archers we have aplenty.

Back to the sweatshop...

Dieterich