SR - Principality Discussion

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Mon Mar 2 07:57:52 PST 1998

Martin, Brian said something that sounded like:
> Actually, I think that we should have a meeting at Crown, Hero of
> the Temple and several other events. This is a very serious topic and
> it needs to be discussed by many people over a significant amount of
> time. One meeting at one event simply isn't enough.

I don't think one meeting is enough either. I don't think Crown Tourney
is an appropriate place for any though. I'd like to see just you, Jehanne,
Lyonel, Aquallaine, Dieter, and Keif find time for a 2+ hour meeting.

I mean there are a few things scheduled for Crown besides the tourney
and court, including 3 circles.

> Furthermore, I think that the idea that we can forge a viable
> principality in just a few months is off the mark. This type of thing
> needs to be thought out thoroughly. We need to have rational, respectful
> discussions for some time in order to decide what we want.

Heck, I figure we need at least 6 months (under *ideal* circumstances)
of discussions before we even think about paperwork, officers, etc. This
will give us enough time to get to all the people involved, deal with
all the issues that come up, etc. After all that is taken care of and
*we* still want it, you still have find officers, name, device, Law,
etc. I figure this will be another year before the first Coronet list.
(Again, under *ideal* circumstances.)

Maybe I'm just a pessimist as to how long these processes take, having
never been there.

Ciao,