ANST - SR - A Lion Legend

Shane B. shaneb at icubed.net
Thu Mar 12 14:12:17 PST 1998

Dear Pam,

   I had the honor to pass arms with Sir Ricardo on more than one
occasion in the early eighties.  I will also miss his sense of humor.
Please pass on my heartfelt condolances.

Alastair

Pam Martin wrote:

> Pug - please send this to the Ansteorran list.......
>
> To Bryn Gwlad and the Kingdom of Ansteorra,
>
> For the past few weeks Sir Ricardo de Pisa has been in the hospital.  We received a call at 7:30 this morning that his life support systems were stopped.  Please send  your kind thoughts to him and his family.
>
> Ricardo was one of the first member of Bryn Gwlad that I met when I first joined the SCA.  I remember Pendaran telling me stories of Ricardo's fighting and the awesome impression he made when he took the field.  I will always remember the many times he pointed at something on my neck and twitched my nose, and his infamous "inspections".  I urge all of you to share your stories of this Lion Legend.
>
> I'f you have the means to contact those who are already at the war, please do so, so that they too can send their thoughts to Ricardo.
>
> Jehanne d'Avignon

Shane (Alastair Lord Aylward)
                 ,  ,, ,
           , ,; ; ;;  ; ;  ;
        , ; ';  ;  ;; .-''\ ; ;
     , ;  ;`  ; ,; . / /8b \ ; ;
     `; ; .;'         ;,\8 |  ;  ;
      ` ;/   / `_      ; ;;    ;  ; ;
         |/.'  /9)    ;  ; `    ;  ; ;
        ,/'          ; ; ;  ;   ; ; ; ;
       /_            ;    ;  `    ;  ;
      `?8P"  .      ;  ; ; ; ;     ;  ;;
"Ye Lion's Goblette Taverne" - The world's LARGEST collection of SCA,
RENN'
FAIRE, medieval research and middle ages re-creational societies links!

          http://www.icubed.net/usr/shaneb/

                    OR

      http://www.geocities.com/athens/delphi/5963