SR - BG costume class survey

Michael Scofield ivar_runamagi at hotmail.com
Wed May 27 06:28:54 PDT 1998

Jehan Wrote/asked:

>Subject: SR - BG costume class survey
>
>Bryn Gwlad is hosting a Clothing Collegium
>on Saturday, June 13th from 9 - 6.
>To better help us determine the classes to be taught, could you please
let me know the 4 classes that you would most like to attend.
I also know that the West is thinking about doing an event like this on
a kingdom level and I will provide them with the results of this survey.

>__X___ The Fabric Class - General discussion of types of period
fabrics, fabrics that are cotton but have the right 	*look*,  color
choice,  Color tone,  and the way fabrics drape.

>__X___Norwegian(Viking) -  General overview of men*s and women*s
clothing from this time period.  Patterns may be available to be traced.

>__X___  Two hour hats. - The most vital part of any outfit to make it
look truly medieval!

>__X___ Help! I can*t sew, how do I make clothes for the SCA?  You*ll
leave with basic sewing machine instruction and (hopefully) a new
garment.

>__X___ Shoes - Discussion of how to acquire/make footwear appropriate
for your time period.

>__X___ Accessories - Discussion of how vital accessories are to your
time period.  This class will cover the key accessories for most of the
major time periods in the SCA.
>For Future Reference.............
>Would you be willing to attend a 2-day collegium on costuming?  yes X
no o
>What if you would leave with a constume?
>yes X   noo

I plan on being there. But where is it? What are the costs, who are the
teachers, food/feast/lunch, in garb, mundane? Details details details???

Ivar