SR - Leonardo!

Timothy A. McDaniel tmcd at crl.com
Tue May 26 21:54:39 PDT 1998

On Tue, 26 May 1998, Martin, Brian wrote:
> Sorry to waste the bandwidth again, but now I am looking for
> Leonardo Aquistipache. ...
> (And I'm sorry for most likely misspelling your last name.)

Both, actually.  Lionardo Acquistapace, reg. Nov. 1997.

For that first name, loveliest piece of name documentation
I've ever seen.  He sent in a "xerox" of a photo of A Big
Book-O-Guild Artisans (or some such) of Florence, showing a
clerk's entry for the membership of one Lionardo da Vinci.
You just don't document a period name variant much better
than that.

Daniel "except by sending in a period manuscript itself, and
the Ansteorran College will be *very* *glad* *indeed* to
accept that as documentation" de Lincolia
--
Tim McDaniel; Reply-To: tmcd at crl.com;
if that fail, tmcd at austin.ibm.com is my work address.