SR - Re: Current schedule for Academy of the Courtier

Timothy A. McDaniel tmcd at crl.com
Sun Nov 8 21:21:08 PST 1998

On Sun, 8 Nov 1998, Jodi McMaster wrote:
> Isobel wrote:
> >It's sooooo much easier to paint if it doesn't have ermines....

The correct phrase for such circumstances is
    "I repent me of my sin of ermine.".
Knocking your head on the floor is strictly optional.

> I'm not Daniel,

Damn straight!

> "Azure, on a bend argent a salamander tergiant embowed counterermine
> enflamed proper."
> Bhakail, Barony of: The following badge associated with this name was
> registered in March of 1990 (via the East):
>           (Fieldless) A salamander tergiant sable, enflamed proper.

RfS X.1, Addition of Primary Charge (the bend) clears it without a CD
count.

Sorry for the heraldic rules goo, everyone.  Wash your hands quickly
and you probably won't get a rash.

> But if it'll pass and if Isobel wants to change it, how do we do that
> procedurally since it's already appeared in the AG ILoI?

If you ever repent of a submission, contact the kingdom submissions
heralds.  Since it hasn't reached me yet (Bordure Herald, "Lord
External"), the appropriate person is Asterisk Herald ("Lady
Internal"), Gwenllian ferch Maredudd mka Wendy Erisman, at
werisman at mail.utexas.edu .  Tell her you'd like to withdraw your
submission.  She may ask you to send her a paper letter, since the two
mottos of the SCA College of Arms are "non scriptum non est" and
"semper mandate literalis" -- "if it's not written, it doesn't exist"
and "always get it in writing".  A paper copy for your branch herald
would be good too.  Asterisk won't even send it to the kingdom
CoHeralds meeting to rule on it.  It'll be listed in the Ansteorran
Gazette as "withdrawn by submitter", and I presume you get the usual
free resubmission within 2 years 3 months.

Daniel de Lincolia
--
Tim McDaniel (home); Reply-To: tmcd at crl.com;
if that fail, tmcd at austin.ibm.com is my work address.