SR - More chances to excel

Keith Hood keith_dell at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 14 15:11:31 PDT 1998

Since a mechanic was able to resurrect my van, I can now confidently
announce that Ansteorran combat archers will have two more chances in
the IKCAC this October.

At the Bjornsborg fall event, October 16th to the 18th, I will set up
and run an IKCAC range, and anyone who wants to shoot is welcome to do
so.  Since you can register one score per day, that gives you two more
chances to post a score this weekend.  For anyone who would like to try
this but lacks the means, loaner gear of all types will be available -
gloves, tabs, arm guards, bows, arrows, crossbow - whatever.

The range will be open Saturday from 9:00 till sundown, and on Sunday
from 9:00 till 1:00.  I am still offering a prize for the highest IKCAC
score:  an arrow display rack, or a dozen arrows made to the winner's
specs.

The event is at Whitewater Sports, northwest of New Braunfels.  If
anyone needs directions and can't get them from the Black Star, e-mail
me and I'll make sure they are posted to this list.

Hope to see you soon.

       Tomonaga

--
A long bow and a strong bow,
And let the sky grow dark.

        -- Stolen from "The Song of the Bosonian Archers" --
               By Robert E. Howard, who should be
                 the patron saint of Ansteorra