SR - Principality law question

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Fri Oct 16 05:58:34 PDT 1998

maddie teller-kook (meadhbh at io.com) said something that sounded like:
> I think you lose that connection with the kingdom without the crown being
> there.... especially when we live in the region that the crown visits on a
> regular basis.

Although this may be the case during a lot of reigns, I checked the one
we are currently under. The reason for checking this one is that well,
it's the one we're in when the discussion came up.

>From the beginning of May to the end of November, there was only planned
*1* trip into the Southern Region. This was at Bryn Gwlad's Celtic
Games. There have been no others announced, and no other planned til the
end of November. Since December is the Yule session, it is unlikely they
will make it down again especially since the southern region has no
events on the Kingdom Calendar. Then in January there is Steppes' Twelth
night and Coronation. Done.

As comparison there were lots of jaunts into Northern and Central with
the occasional jaunt into Coastal and Western. If I read it right, we
were the *only* region with only one visit this reign. (I didn't do
actual statistics, but I could if you'd like.)

Btw, part of this is because the *2* Baronies in the Southern Region
have their perpetual events in the Spring and not the summer/fall.

Ciao,