SR - The Bjornsborg flood..

Keith Hood keith_dell at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 19 09:39:34 PDT 1998

>The Whitewater offices had six feet of water in their place.. a mustang
(yes
>folks a car) was sitting on top of one of the huge boulders near the
entrance.
>The damage was extensive to Whitewater itself.

The scene along the Guadalupe *was* quite impressive late Sunday
afternoon.  I went back looking for a couple of items I had lost (got
there too late to help with the salavage -- sorry), and a lot of
Whitewater's equipment was wrecked.  One end of the porch in front of
the building had collapsed and about half a dozen of their rental
camping trailers had been sort of wrapped around trees.  One trailer
made it out into the main channel of the river and was carried over the
bridge, and dumped on the east bank about 20 meters downstream of the
bridge.

We were dern lucky, especially those who stayed the day Saturday.  The
high water mark was up to where the back of the tavern tent had been.

I'm real glad to hear everybody's safe.  Ivar or somebody, please let me
know when you're planning to send a group back to salvage the last
items, and I'll be glad to help.

     Tomonaga

--
A long bow and a strong bow,
And let the sky grow dark.

        -- Stolen from "The Song of the Bosonian Archers" --
               By Robert E. Howard, who should be
                 the patron saint of Ansteorra