SR - Principality law question

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Tue Oct 20 05:20:18 PDT 1998

Michael A Scofield (ivarcat at juno.com) said something that sounded like:
> >> The [Heirs of Principality] shall be duly Invested by the Crown, or by
> >> their Predecessors if the Crown is not present, in the months of ***
> >> and ***. If the Crown is not present the newly Coronet shall at the
> >> earliest possible occasion swear their fealty to the Crown.
> >>   This allows for the Crown to do it if they are able to make it, but
> >>   still guarantees that the Coronet will swear fealty to the Crown.
> This is perfect. The only question is what months do we want to put in
> here?

I would vote to have the tourney's the month (give or take a week or so)
after the Kingdom's. This allows those who would want to, to know if
they would have won Crown.

I don't know if we want to invest immediately or wait 2-3 months.

Staggering a month off the Kingdom gives a nice pattern for people to
follow.

> Also do we need to put in something that says that a Principality heir
> or sitting Prince may not fight in Crown tourney?

No need. It's in Corpora.

VI. BRANCH ADMINISTRATION
A. ROYALTY
1. General
f. Limitations
(2) No Sovereign or Consort may fight or be fought for in any Royal
    Lists, nor may anyone hold more than one royal office, except for
    those held by virtue of holding another. (For example, a King may
    be temporarily Prince of a principality, if the Coronet is vacated
    and the laws regarding failure of the reign make this provision.)

In Service,