SR - Assassination coronets

Timothy A. McDaniel tmcd at crl.com
Tue Oct 20 18:59:13 PDT 1998

On Tue, 20 Oct 1998, Sir Lyonel / Dennis Grace wrote:
> <snip of Daniel's original suggestion about replacement of coronets
> by assassination.>

No, no.  I just meant that a barony might be the fief granted to the
new heirs apparent when they are elevated, and then they would be
known by that title, and regrant it when they were the Coronet and got
heirs.  (OK, the Crown would grant / revoke it upon the counsel of the
Coronet.)

Actually, I semi-seriously suggested it in a case in the Middle, where
one of the major problems with a group going barony was "who will be
the founding baron/ess?".  If you don't choose them, then it's not a
political question.

In the South, with only Bjornsborg and Bryn Gwlad (right?), I don't
see it happening somehow.  But if some group later found themselves in
the same predicament as Cynnabar, someone might want to mention it to
them.

> Clearly Daniel de Lincolia's words were meant as discrete counsel

No, my counsel is continuous.

Daniel "discretion is the better part of valor" de Lincolia
--
Tim McDaniel (home); Reply-To: tmcd at crl.com;
if that fail, tmcd at austin.ibm.com is my work address.