SR - Principality law question

Michael Scofield ivar_runamagi at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 21 09:08:44 PDT 1998

Sir Pendaran, the well dressed by his lady, wrote:

>Some deranged viking grandfather said:

I am not a grandfather, YET!

>Pendaran's response, to my response to several other responses:
>
>*sigh* Everyone knows not to listen to Northmen concerning matters of
dress.They're one step out of animal skins and only a half a step out of
the caves.

Right, you savages from that island (especially the slag heap called
Wales)wouldn't have any art if we hadn't come visiting in the spring
each year. Taught you how to write, make beautiful jewelry, and gave
your weak bloodlines some fine blonde, blue eyed women for you to be
enchanted with. And we went to Burgundy also. Just look across the
table. See, Jehanne has a lot of Norse blood in her. :-)

Most people know not to pay attention to anyone whose last name means
>"letter belly". What's in a name? You figure it out.

I earned that name, the hard way. Anyhoo, I didn't pick it, I think
Gunnora is to blame.

 Finally, all who know Ivar are very aware that his lovely daughter who
is about to become a mommy is darned lucky that she got her looks from
her mother. Let's hope that the baby get's his or her looks from the
women in that family! ;-)

It is a her according to the seers. I think her name will be Autumn, and
I really hope she, like her mother, gets her looks from the womens side.
A baby girl with a big belly and a grey beard would look really odd!

>In all seriousness, Ivar, please give all of our love to your deal
lady, Catriona. Jehanne and I hope that she is well.

Thank you, Catriona is getting along fine after her third surgery this
year. Had surgery on Thursday before our flood event (the second and
last like that we plan on having). Up and about, giving me grief as I
deserve :-), life is back to normal.

And please extend that greeting of love to Elysiad (whose name I'm sure
I just horrible misspelled).

Ealasaid -- it's Scottish, and not the first time someone has misspelled
a name.

We're all waiting for news about the little Runamagi that's on
>its way. :-)

So are we! As soon as she decides to join us, I will let everyone know.
Due date (like a Bjornsborg woman pays attention to things like that) is
October 27. I doubt if it will be that far off.

>All the best, my friend!
>Pendaran

And to you and yours, and I include your Barony in this greeting, Next
to Bjornsborg, some of the best people in the Known World.

Ivar, the old, fat, grey Norseman who isn't a Grandfather yet!