SR - How many Norsemen does it take?

Rollie W. Reid carcassonnais at geocities.com
Wed Oct 21 22:32:50 PDT 1998

Lyonel said,

I'll take that challenge.

Give me about 10,000 square feet to work in (that's a roughly 100 X
100'
field) relatively free of obstacles (a few trees would be okay--a
river
in the center would be right out). You supply the Norsemen, fully
armed
and armored, and I'll bet you can't surround me with less than 5 in
under five minutes.  Standard Ansteorran rules of chivalric
engagement,
no grappling or tackling, both sides taking standard blows.  They have
to surround me (or kill me) and all be within two sword lengths of me
for five seconds (as determined by an independent time-keeper).

My household can negotiate with yours to arrive at a suitable wager,
no
doubt.

Conor here

Now this sounds like fun.  I'd volunteer to marshal just to see this.