SR - How many Norsemen does it take?

Michael A Scofield ivarcat at juno.com
Thu Oct 22 18:20:55 PDT 1998

Tomanaga-san wrote:

>This whole thread has me really confused.  These strange European
>notions about the way to do things don't seem to be capable of
>producing real results.
>
>First off, why in heaven's name would anyone want to sorround a
>Frenchman?  What good can you get out of him even if you manage it?

Well, first of all, you try to surround the French women. The French men
just run around a lot, lots of yelling and gesturing. Seems to me all it
takes is one archer to stop all of the noise!

>And I thought the point of being a Viking in France was the gold plate
>and wine barrels in French houses.  If the house owner's aim is to run
>around and avoid being sorrounded, why not just get down to business?

You forgot about the women. The gold and wine are great to take home. Ah,
but the women.....fond memories flood thru my....mind.

>And what's so great about being unsorroundable if the house is being
>looted?
>
>Haven't you people ever read Sun-Tzu?

Yes, I have. He's the one who wants to run around, I just want the women,
gold, and barrels of wine.

>  No wonder European wars drag on forever without ever really solving
anything.  All this running around and sorrounding leaves them too tired
to shoot straight.  :-)

Everybody needs to remember that next spring when we go kick Trimaris
butt.

Ivar