SR - Academy of the Courtier

Gail P. Taylor gtaylor at lonestar.jpl.utsa.edu
Fri Oct 23 06:18:05 PDT 1998

The Academy of the Courtier needs Volunteers!!

Please lend a hand to help the first Southern Regional event be a great
success!!

We have several things to sign up for, and you can take your pick!!

They are:

Gate guard-- This should be a fun one, and Phoebe is feeding all who
participate with beef stew, etc. Great way to get to know folks from all-over!
Also, Phoebe is planning on making the gate area look quite fabulous--so I am
sure it will be have fun helping it be picturesque!!  (gate guard people get
extra coinage for gambling, I am told!!)

Setup--This group consists of two people right now, and we could really use
the help. My husband (Aeron) and I (Eleanor) will be setting up thursday
evening around 8 pm, and all blessed day long on Friday Nov 13th.  If you (or
anyone you know) could come and help us at either of those times, please let
us know. ( 512) 259-2123 We have two breakdown showers,ten period pavilions
and a tavern to set up to make the little period "town" in which the classes
are to be held.  It is going to be Fabulous!

Feast Serving and cleanup-- we have a few people on the serving list, and two
people on the cleanup crew. Cleanup should be very easy--most of the stuff is
throw-awayable, and we are providing trash bags, etc. Doesn't sound attractive
enough? How about getting extra servings of Clarissa's WONDERFUL food?  We are
serving a lunch and a dinner, and could really use the help!!  Contact Aeron
and Eleanor (David and Truly Biggs) (512) 259-2123, or Clarissa di Firenze
(Dottie Elliot) (512)990-7306 to volunteer your help. Feast helpers get paid
extra coinage for gambling as well!!

Breakdown--Brian Aaron Cameron is in charge of this group, and I am certain he
could use any assistance available. Call him at(512) 259-9682

WORKDAY!!!  This weekend,, on sunday we are having a workday at the site. It
is a new site and needs to be cleared of mesquite bushes. With a large
workgroup I think we could make a half a day of it and have a fabulous site!!
We are meeting Sunday morning at 8 AM at the Dairy Queen at the corner of I35
and 79 and heading out to the site from there.( so no one gets lost). Bring
with you gloves, and hedge trimmers if you have them, and wear work clothing.
We hope to get done by one or two o'clock, and all go out for pizza together!!
Aeron and I cleared the entire parking area in one half day by ourselves, so
the more the merrier!!

Is that all? I think maybe so. Anyway-- It will really be a fun event for
everyone! It is set in the sixteenth century, but if you don't have late
period stuff--do not fret. ( I know lots of people are worried about that)
Wear what you have and come have a blast!! This event is for everyone!  There
is Dancing, Fencing, Archery, Equestrian games, Classes, Gambling, Feasts!!,
and a Tavern!!

Please come and show your support for this event!!

Event sponsored by Baronies Of :

Bjornsborg

Bryn Gwylad

Raven's Fort