SR - Shadowlands meeting

Elisabeth Zakes ezakes at planview.com
Wed Sep 9 04:26:04 PDT 1998

Hi, folks. Shadowlands held a really nice event this past weekend. We
only spent about an hour on the principality meeting. 31 people
attended, and two sent proxies. Location breakdown:

Bjornsborg	2
Bordermarch	1
Bryn Gwlad	6
Dragons Fire Tor	2
Ravens Fort	6
Rivenstar (Midrealm)	1
Shadowlands	12
Steppes	1

for a total of 31 people, 26 from SR, 3 from Central, 1 from Coastal,
and 1 from out of kingdom. The two proxies were from Bryn Gwlad.

The only items polled this time around were whether or not people wanted
a principality. These numbers include the proxies:

21 Yes, 5 No, and 4 neutral
In favor, if the P goes to K: 5
In favor if the P does not go to K: 12

There were some things distributed at the meeting:

- The next issue of the Lion's Tale, listing 55 proposed names for the
region. Electronic formats of the newsletter will be sent to Pug to be
included on the Web page, and copies can be obtained from Duncan,
Aethelyan, or anyone who has already picked up a copy.
- A sheet with five maps showing the current border proposals. Sir Keif
pointed out a mistake on the maps; they will be updated accordingly.
- A survey as suggested by Richard Fairbourne. Copies will be
distributed as widely as possible, both electronically and on paper.
Results will be compiled by Duncan and Aethelyan and sent to the
seneschalate.

It has been suggested that we set no date for the "next" meeting until
something shows up that needs discussion. Otherwise, we will continue
discussing the same topics each time. If you think of something that
invites public discussion, tell Tivar, Duncan, or Richard.

That's all I can think of for right now. See you at Stargate!

Aethelyan Moondragon
Bryn Gwlad