SR - Describing Our Region

Michael A. Scofield ivarcat at juno.com
Tue Sep 15 13:47:20 PDT 1998

When I read Brian's missive, the first word that came to mind was
"family", a close second was "friends". Of course, Texas was named after
the Native American word "tejas" meaning friendship which is also the
state motto.
The Scottish gaelic word for family is teaghlach, friend is caraid, home
is dhachaidh. Of course, in order to pronounce these correctly, it helps
if you need to clear your throat.
What about some other language?

Catriona MacEanruig