SR - Describing Our Region

Michael A. Scofield ivarcat at juno.com
Tue Sep 15 21:28:37 PDT 1998

Pendaran, who is never at a loss for words, wrote that he needed words to
describe this region:
<snip>
> I'm just curious what others here might come up with.

As my Lady Wife, Catriona wrote, this is home. This is where our family
is (both SCA and mundane). If I had to come up with one word to describe
the region and the feel one gets from it, the word is home. Gaelic is a
language no self respecting herald ever wants to have to deal with so I
have looked up the Old Norse word for home (actually Icelandic) --
heimili.

Wish I had never opened the book--

Heros home - Hetjaheim

The south  - Suthurland (the *th* is one letter in Norse)

There are lots more, but it is now late.

Ivar