SR - Describing Our Region

nolen dale fairborn at swbell.net
Tue Sep 15 18:29:02 PDT 1998

Martin, Brian wrote:

>         Interestingly enough, I've been reading a book about place
> names, and how many of them came to be. What I found particularly
> apropos to our situation is that many place names are the indigenous
> language for "home" or "our land".  Hmmm....
>
>         Pendaran

I hope you don't mind someone contrubuting from outside the region.
Home, Land, Honor, Pride, Talent. Where do most of these things reside
and where is the southern region? All of the reside somewhat
symbololically in the "HEART" Looking at texas specifically the southern
region is in the heart of texas. What about something like the land of
the heart or something. Just a suggestion.
Richard Faibourne
Who believes only the best things come from the heart.