SR - Defender of the Fort

David R. Hoffpauir env_drh at shsu.edu
Mon Sep 21 11:25:51 PDT 1998

Bob Dewart wrote:

> So how did the event go for those of us who couldn't make it?

I think we over-corrected in our wish for no rain.  It was hot!  However I think
everyone had a good time.  There were 38 fighters in the Chivalric list and 27
in the Cavalier.  Roughly 365 on gate count.

Results from the competitions:

Defender of the Fort:  Ld Timo
Cavalier of the Fort:  Don Modius
Artisan of the Fort: HL Fiona
Vintner of the Fort:  Lady Freya
Baroness' Personal Champion:  Brac Skalaravna (newcomers Heavy)
Baron's Personal Champion:  Erik of Seawinds (newcomers Light)
Populous vote-A&S:  Fausta Sweinbroather
Newcomers-A&S:  Fausta Sweinbroather

I might add that Fausta's entry was a very nice Tutor dress which she modeled
for about 5 hrs under a very hot display pavilion.  This was her first ever
competition.

Vivat all!  Much thanks to all who made competition scrolls and donated prizes.
We are blessed to have such friends.

For those of your who don't know, we halved our competitions and are moving the
rest to one of our spring events.

> Did I get
> another niffty neato job?

Not sure what you meant here, Gilli, but if it's in reference to that 'little'
job I'd like you to do in the spring, I'd say, "You got it, babe!" ;-)

cheers,
dsd, Raven's Fort