SR - Lighter fluid for that blaze, anyone?

Lorraine and/or Kief deer_kief at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 12 08:28:00 PDT 1999

Heilsa Good my Brother and Neighbor Dieterich....

You have written these words:

>Okay, here's a little concept that should incite riots of World Cup Soccer
>proportions.

Nah...just small tremors in the Force...

>Timo has said enough here to make me think hard on this: Does the current
>boundry of the Southern Region make any sense?

Not really... The boundries of the Coastal, Southern, and Central Regions
are all just lines drawn by a past Crown and Kingdom Seneschal. The
boundries of the Western Region do make a bit more sense geographicly and
the boundries of the Northern Region make the most sense of all...

>I've stared at a map for hours trying to justify it and still can't.

It only makes sense if you consider the reason behind the boundries in the
first place. The lines were drawn to demographicly divide the Kingdom into
administratively equal districts.

>And this question goes out primarily to Ravensfort folks:  Is Timos
>assesment of the attitude there accurate?  Does the majority really feel
>that they'd be better off without the rest of the South?  I had heard this
>for a long time but I didn't actually believe it.

>From what I've seen...nope. Timo's comment was strictly a "IMO" statement.
He did not, to my eyes anyway, state that the populace of Raven's Fort
wanted to not be a part of the Southern Region.

>Dieterich (on horse, backwards, tied to tree by noose, waiting for the big
>slap)

Here, my Good and True Brother, let me cut that noose and assist you down
from that horse.....

Wæs Þu Hæl kinsman
Kief
"Better the Hammer than the nail..."