SR - Late Entry

Don Christian Doré jtc at io.com
Tue Aug 10 18:32:35 PDT 1999

On 10 Aug 99, at 11:12, Dory Grace wrote:

> You know, I've noticed the same sort of thing in quite a few
> instances. Have you noted the timing? If something seems to be
> running smoothly and something is actually about to get *done*, it
> seems that someone or someones will invariably pipe up with some
> monkeywrench-shaped complaint to throw into the machinery. (Note:
> Don Christian, I'm not talking about you, ok? I like you. ;-> This
> is just a general observation.)

Thanks for the dispensation, but I am the one complaining. I have no
particular agenda, nor do I believe anyone has done anything
unethical. I just think we have not come up with a name worth
having. Those I have spoken to have not criticized anyone involved
in the process, just the names.

Still, the bottom line is that if we are not getting a name that enough
people feel is worth having, there is something wrong with our
approach.

I don't know the answer. Maybe some brainstorming sessions.
Maybe just waiting until we form a name for ourselves organically.
Maybe something I haven't thought of. I guess we will see how
"none" fares on the ballot.

Don Doré